Lighting the Inner Torch
I have to say that this idea of a women's only clothing optional yoga class has already been empowering to me for a few reasons:
- I find baring your clothes will be about as vulnerable as baring your soul by staring into the eyes of another for one full minute without talking.
- I finally tried yoga naked the other day and had a surprising epiphany about my own body and tattoos on it.
- I am more inspired by Suzie Doratti and her commitment to helping women each time I meet with her.
- As I continue to think about it I am starting to see more and more that less of who I am is on the outside and, yet, that I want to love the entirety of me fully and completely. That includes radically loving the temple.
- We are a society so shunned from what is natural and organic. The sexualization of this world has become overwhelming and part of me yearns to return to a simpler time.
Of course we know this, but this class has actually had me putting it into practice. Everyday is like "I love you feet" as I put on my socks. "I love you belly that birthed my son." "I love you eyes that may be tired, but shine still bright."
KelowanNOW just wrote a great article about the upcoming yoga class. Get your tickets here!
There's no need to worry about dressing the part for this activity. All you need is a towel, a mat and an extra dose of courage.
Suzie Doratti is teaching a nude yoga class to raise funds for marginalized women.
The event, Lighting the Inner Torch, provides an opportunity for participants to embrace their body - even the parts they dislike, she says.
"It's a step towards accepting that what's inside is a lot more important than what's outside.”